I wrote a post awhile ago called, My Resting Bitch Face When Things Peeve Me Off. It was a full on whinge about some little things that REALLY IRRITATE ME! Look, I am not proud of getting pissed off at really small things, but you just got me on a bad day……okay?
I did have a lot of love from my readers about Kanye’s Resting Bitch Face, that I put in to visually explain my passion for those peeves. Here it is one more time….just because it’s awesome……
BUT, I did promise I would write a post about the little things that I REALLY LOOOOVE!! So here is a list of a few things I appreciate…..
- Hot showers. Oh yeah!!…Everybody shout…..’Hot showers!’ They are like one of my favourite things of all time. I even have hot showers in Summer. I love them that much. It’s my alone time for the whole day, and I will make sure that hot tap is turned on to full/can’t turn anymore, position….with only the tiniest bit of cold (because I don’t want to get third degree burns and all). Wash away all the problems and bad stuff, hot shower! Then I walk out of my bathroom surrounded in steam, and like I have come back from the dead…..
- Compliments. Who doesn’t? They will spark up your day if you get one from a complete stranger. If someone goes out of their way to say to me, “I love your hair! It’s beautiful”. I get all happy and shy, but will always thank them (don’t be a mofo, and excuse the compliment with something else). Then I skip away like a little girl, who has just got kissed on the cheek by the best looking kid at school. But remember, it also makes you feel good when you give others a compliment back.
- When my son eats everything I put in front of him. Yes, it’s one of those Super Hero moments as a Mother. You try not to get too excited, because you don’t want to show your kid that you have ‘WON’ (insert sneaky witch laugh). But, yay!!! Happy dance in the pantry….so he can’t see my winning face!! No shit, I have actually done a happy dance in my pantry when he ate something really healthy. Let’s celebrate, and give him the biggest bowl of fruit, (my job hasn’t stopped yet) on the planet! You deserve it kid.
- Uncontrollable laughter. Having a 2 ½ year old, guarantees some laughter during the day obviously, but you know those really big belly laughs you have when you just feel like you are going to vomit?? Well, maybe not go as far as that…..but do you know what I mean? I LOVE THOSE LAUGHS!! They are like the biggest rush of adrenaline to the system, and they make you feel so good for the rest of the day…….unless something shit happens…..like someone doesn’t indicate when they turn in front of you.
- A Happy Story. So freaking sick of hearing the bad crap stories on the news/facebook/from everyone. It’s such a nice feeling when you hear a good news story. Such as, someone found their long-lost brother; or someone handed in a lost wedding ring and it was returned to its rightful owner; or a baby elephant got saved from a mud hole; or even when Gay Marriage was Legalised in the U.S.!!! Up yours, bad news stories! Gays can now get married, and a baby elephant was saved…..Woohoo!!
- Unplanned Nights. So these don’t happen much anymore now that I am a parent, but man!…..those nights were the best. Remember when nothing was planned for a Friday night, then a friend rings for a catchup? And you certainly do catchup….for 12 hours, at the bar…. with the best food….and with awesome tunes….. and loads of wine? Aha! Those were the days. An unplanned night for me now, is when they change up the kids shows on TV……Tree Fu Tom is now replaced by Curious George (yay? Not really). My kid decides to have jelly instead of fruit (variety, you know?). I read my son a book called, ‘Where is the Green Sheep?’, instead of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ (you suck caterpillar book, after reading you for the 150th time). And I try a new type of Chardonnay………………. At least the memory of wine is still in my life.
- When one of your favourite songs comes on the radio. Not one from todays era, but one from when you were a teenager. You know those ones…..when you are were teeny bopper, with no responsibilities and just…….young! The memories from that song come flooding in, and you laugh at those memories…..plus get super embarrassed by some too. I have to be listening to one of the ‘old radio stations’ for my flashback songs to come on now. You know you are old, when you hear Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Metallica on the, ‘Flashback to the Old Days’ station.
These are just a few of the little things I love. There are lots more, but I don’t want to bore you with my pet loves.
I thought I had better follow my post about Pet Peeves, and Kanyes resting bitch face, with a happy photo of him. This is my interpreted face when I have the things I love happen to me…..
If you would like to share some of the little things you love, please let me know in the Comments section below. You can also post on my Facebook page. Please SHARE and LIKE if you do enjoy reading :). I am also on Twitter and Instagram if you really want to love me.
p.s. I am off to have a HOT SHOWER now. I will see you on the other side……walking out of my bathroom, slow motion, with heaps of steamy steam, and ready to take on the world. Maybe I lie. Maybe I am just going to fall into bed, because I’m so freaking exhausted from my son and his energy that doesn’t ever stop.